Tuesday 11 February 2014

SNOW IN SEATTLE=A poem by my grandson Nihal who lives in Seattle USA

 

 

Snow in Seattle

 

By Nihal Singh Sathi

 

Snow falls like powder on crispy dounut  

The terrain is like soft white blanket

It falls on Seattle, a city of no tension

The capital of State of Washington

 We have winter, snow, summer and rain

Seattle is not very sunny, it is not Spain

 

 

Cold wind is blowing with all its might

The whole city is shiny and bright

Under my feet I can hear snow crashing

It is musical, sensational and smashing

The grass is covered with snow flakes

The rivers are covered and so are lakes

Roads are not busy, the traffic is slow

That is the power of mighty snow

Men in yellow trucks scattering grit,

They got to make more than one trip

 

My name is Nihal and I am about eleven

My sister is five and brother is seven

My sister laughs and shows her teeth

They are so white only snow can beat

We laugh and play with snow balls

We throw at each other, on cars and walls

 It is amazingly very fresh weather

I so wish it stays like this forever

I can smell it, touch it and caress

I am so happy I cannot assess

It is lovely, serene and peaceful

Everything is just so beautiful

 

What a pity I still got to go to school,

My mom says education is quite cool

To succeed in life, you got to be bright

Everything must be positive and right

It is important that I am successful

Then I will have wealth in bountiful

My daddy says one must work if able

Work provides house, food on table

My DADI is teacher, DADA a poet of position

They bless me, they are my inspiration.

 

I will serve my country and community

I will be truthful, my mind full of purity

Like pure white snow falling from sky

My thoughts will be good, vision sky high

I will be faithful, honest and good citizen

I was born British but now an American

May in the world be peace and prosperity

That is what I always ask of God Almighty

 

……………end………………………………

_________________________________________

DADAJI-Paternal grandfather

Dadiji-Paternal grandmother

 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment